A simple SHA-3 / Keccak hash function for Dlang, wraps keccak-tiny C implementation
To use this package, put the following dependency into your project's dependencies section:
This is a quick and dirty Dlang wrapper around keccak-tiny (a sha3 implementation written in C). Improve it, fix it, use it, and eventually a hero will offer to maintain it, make it into a proper Dlang module.
From NIST: NIST announced the SHA-3 Cryptographic Hash Algorithm Competition on November 2, 2007, and ended the competition on October 2, 2012, when it announced KECCAK as the winning algorithm to be standardized as the new SHA-3.
- NIST SHA-3 Project https://csrc.nist.gov/projects/hash-functions/sha-3-project
- Wrapper around: https://github.com/IoTone/keccak-tiny (fork of) https://github.com/RomanHuryk/keccak-tiny forked from: https://github.com/coruus/keccak-tiny (not maintained)
- Reading on @safe and @trusted: https://dlang.org/blog/2016/09/28/how-to-write-trusted-code-in-d/
- Test cases inspired by: https://github.com/emn178/js-sha3#example
Because this D module wraps a C library, you the reader will need to build the library through means available on your platform. It appears the keecak-tiny library will build with clang, gcc, or probably some other variant not mentioned.
From a posix compliant shell, run sh setup-deps.sh to grab and build keccak-tiny. On windows you may need to rename your library to keccak-tiny.lib.
When used in conjunction with TheShellProject, build external deps first with the setup-deps.sh script. It will handle copying the library into this directory.
We recommend a Dlang compiler based on DMD v2.076.1 or later.
dub --compiler=ldc2 test
import iotone.libkeccak ubyte dataout; ubyte datain = cast(ubyte)("The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog".dup); ubyte datain2 = cast(ubyte)("".dup); shake256(dataout.ptr, 32 /* bytes */, datain.ptr, datain.length);
- Registered by David J Kordsmeier
- 1.0.1 released 3 months ago
- Copyright © 2018, IoTone, Inc.