Powerful alternative to DMD's DDOC engine.
To use this package, run the following command in your project's root directory:
Put the following dependency into your project's dependences section:
DDOX documentation engine
This is an alternative documentation generator for programs written in the D programming language. It aims to be fully compatible with Ddoc (the documentation generator built into the D compiler). Additional features include:
- Advanced page-per-symbol layout based on Diet templates
- Full automatic cross-referencing
- Automatically generated index, search database and site map
- Filtering of symbols and modules based on their name and protection level
- Integrated web server for fast local documentation serving
- Directly embeddable into vibe.d applications
- Install dub
- Generate JSON for your project by adding the command line switches
-D -X -Xfdocs.jsonto your DMD command line (Note that you may need to clean up all the generated .html files afterwards)
- Check out ddox and run
dub buildfrom its root folder
Note that DDOX uses vibe.d, which currently by default uses libevent as its core. Please follow its installation instructions, too, if necessary.
You can filter the JSON file using
ddox filter <path_to_json>.
The following command will filter out all modules starting with "core.sync.", except those starting with "core.sync.mutex" or "core.sync.condition".
--in always takes precedence over
--ex here. Additionally, all members with a protection lower than public will be filtered out.
./ddox filter path/to/docs.json --ex core.sync. --in core.sync.mutex --in core.sync.condition --min-protection Public
Serving the docs on localhost
Then, simply run the following command and go to http://127.0.0.1:8080/
./ddox serve-html path/to/docs.json
Generating offline documentation
cp -r path/to/ddox/public destination/path ./ddox generate-html path/to/docs.json destination/path/public
Built-in support in DUB
Documentation for DUB projects can be built as simple as by running the following command within the project's directory:
dub build -b ddox
"-ddoxFilterArgs" field in
dub.sdl) can be used to customize the included contents.
Quickly serving the documentation on a local HTTP server, which is usually faster than writing out all HTML files to disk, is also possible:
dub run -b ddox
DDOX specific Ddoc macros
Apart from the standard set of predefined macros, DDOX defines a macro
DDOX_ROOT_DIR, which contains the relative path to the root of the documentation hierarchy (ending with a slash). It can be used to link to resources that reside in a fixed location within the same directory tree.
There are a number of issues due to limitations of the JSON output that DMD generates:
- User defined attributes don't show up in the documentation (issue #6)
- Declarations within
static ifare not shown (issues #19 and #86)
- Modules without a documented module declaration are omitted (issues #164 and #10)
- Some declarations with complex types may fail to parse and will be missing proper cross linking
- Registered by Sönke Ludwig
- 0.16.15 released 3 years ago
- hyphenate, libdparse, vibe-d:web
0.16.20 2022-Jul-29 0.16.19 2022-Jun-17 0.16.18 2022-Mar-04 0.16.17 2020-Sep-04 0.16.16 2020-Aug-13
- Download Stats:
133 downloads today
912 downloads this week
4680 downloads this month
326787 downloads total
- Short URL: