Build automation tool for D
To use this package, run the following command in your project's root directory:
Put the following dependency into your project's dependences section:
Cook is a fast incremental build tool intended for projects in D language. In contrast to most other build automation programs, Cook by default requires no project hierarchy description - it automatically collects information about imports from D source files in project directory. Moreover, Cook caches dependencies between modules, and then uses this cache to find out which modules had been changed and need recompiling.
NOTE: Cook is not being developed anymore. This repository is in maintainance mode, and there will be only bugfix releases. Please, consider using Dub instead of Cook.
Cook is written in D and supports Windows and Linux. By default it works with Digital Mars D compiler (DMD), but you can use it with other compilers (and, for some extent, even with other languages!) as well by writing proper configuration file.
- Supports Windows and Linux
- No need to install system-wide - Cook executable runs from anywhere, including project directory
- Performs incremental building by default
- Very fast
- Low memory requirements (happily builds large projects on outdated 32-bit systems, even with 512 MB RAM!)
- Powerful and robust dependency scanner with support for "version" and "debug" conditions
- Fully configurable. You can define paths to compiler and linker, override default compilation/linkage commands, etc.
- Can cross-compile Windows programs under Linux using Wine
- Supports automatic dependency resolution from remote Git repositories or local directories (experimental feature). No need for a package registry - everything is fully decentralized, you can fetch any Git repository in the world
Copyright (c) 2011-2019 Timur Gafarov. Distributed under the Boost Software License, Version 1.0. (See accompanying file COPYING or at http://www.boost.org/LICENSE10.txt)
- Registered by Timur Gafarov
- 2.1.3 released 4 years ago
2.1.3 2019-Aug-23 2.1.2 2018-Dec-02 2.1.1 2015-Sep-25 ~master 2023-Apr-30
- Download Stats:
0 downloads today
0 downloads this week
3 downloads this month
18 downloads total
- Short URL: