D audio toolkit. Easy way to make VST plugins.
To use this package, run the following command in your project's root directory:
Put the following dependency into your project's dependences section:
dplug is a library for creating audio plugins. Additionally it comes with music DSP algorithms that might be useful for your next-generation MS converter plugin. Currently support VST 2.x plugins on Windows and Mac OS X.
- Abstract plugin client interface. Currently implemented once for VST.
- VST SDK D bindings
- VST plugin client
- Basic support for audio processing:
- FFT and windowing functions (include STFT with tunable overlap and zero-phase windowing)
- FIR and RJB biquads (no higher order IIR sorry)
- mipmapped wavetables for antialiased oscillators
- noise generation including white/pink/demo noise
- various kinds of smoothers and envelopes
- delay-line and interpolation
- Needed for plugins that do have an UI
- Toolkit includes common widgets (knob/slider/switch)
- PBR-based renderer for a fully procedural UI (updates are lazy and parallel)
- implements windowing for Win32, Cocoa, Carbon and X11
examples/distort: mandatory distortion plugin
time_stretch: resampling x2 through FFT zero-padding
examples/just_windowing: test program for the windowing sub-package
How to build plugins
- Use the DMD compiler on Windows or the LDC compiler on Mac: http://dlang.org/download.html
- Install DUB, the D package manager: http://code.dlang.org/download
- go in the
dub --compiler=ldc2depending on the platform
dplug has three different licenses depending on the part you need. For an audio plugin, you would typically need all three. I recommend that you check individual source files for license information.
VST SDK translation
This sub-package falls under the Steinberg VST license.
VST is a trademark of Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH. Please register the SDK via the 3rd party developper license on Steinberg site.
Before you make VST plugins with dplug, you need to read and agree with the license for the VST3 SDK by Steinberg. If you don't agree with the license, don't make plugins with dplug. Find the VST3 SDK there: http://www.steinberg.net/en/company/developers.html
Plugin format wrapping
Plugin wrapping is heavily inspired by the WDL library (best represented here: https://github.com/olilarkin/wdl-ol).
Some files falls under the Cockos WDL license.
However dplug is not a translation of WDL:
- there is no plugin-wide mutex lock. All locks are of a short duration.
- plugin parameters implement the Observer pattern
- no need to use Xcode whatsoever.
Important contributors to WDL include:
- Cockos: http://www.cockos.com/
- Oliver Larkin: http://www.olilarkin.co.uk/
Other source files fall under the Boost 1.0 license.
- Registered by ponce
- 1.1.35 released 8 years ago
- Sub packages:
- dplug:core, dplug:dsp, dplug:plugin, dplug:vst, dplug:window, dplug:gui
13.4.6 2023-Jan-30 13.4.5 2023-Jan-17 13.4.4 2023-Jan-16 13.4.3 2023-Jan-16 13.4.2 2023-Jan-14
- Download Stats:
24 downloads today
178 downloads this week
943 downloads this month
17915 downloads total
- Short URL: