A library for crafting native audio plugins as simply as possible.
To use this package, run the following command in your project's root directory:
Put the following dependency into your project's dependences section:
<img alt="logo" src="https://cdn.rawgit.com/AuburnSounds/dplug/master/tools/dplug-logos/logo-coloured-on-transparent.png" width="130">
<a href="https://code.dlang.org/packages/dplug" title="Go to dplug"><img src="https://img.shields.io/dub/v/dplug.svg" alt="Dub version"></a>
Dplug lets you create audio plug-ins with unmatched simplicity and speed, using the D language.
- Homepage: https://dplug.org/
- Wiki: https://github.com/AuburnSounds/Dplug/wiki
|Plug-in format supported||Mac x86-64||Windows x86||Windows x86-64||Linux x86-64||Raspberry ARM32|
- Automated Mac and Windows installers
- Raspberry Pi support
- Build plug-ins with less pain using the D language, possibly the most powerful native language available today
- Leverage package-based dependencies using DUB, the D language's package manager
- Small binaries with (optional) rendering
- Static link with the MSCRT runtime libraries to distribute only one single file
- Support major DAWs
- Small, tight-knit community
Community and ecosystem
The following commercial products are known to use Dplug:
- Convergence by Cut Through Recordings
- Couture by Auburn Sounds
- Entropy by Cut Through Recordings
- Graillon by Auburn Sounds
- M4 Multiband Compressor by Cut Through Recordings
- Panagement by Auburn Sounds
- Renegate by Auburn Sounds
Increase quality and reduce time-to-market with commercial audio DSP in the DSP Asset Store.
Keep up with major changes here: Release Notes
- Does Dplug support the creation of synthesizer plug-ins?
- Am I forced to use the PBR rendering system?
No. And if you don't use it, you don't pay for it.
- What D compiler can possibly be used?
.travis.yml for supported compilers. The latest DMD or LDC should do.
We recommend that you use LDC.
- Is Dplug stable?
Dplug has a deep commitment to stability.
Dplug documents all breaking changes in the Changelog and issues major SemVer tags for breaking changes.
If you don't want any breaking changes, you can pin Dplug to a major version in your
But reality is complex, and bug fixes can be breaking too, (eg: "highpass FIR wasn't working"). In which case we have to make a judgment call as to whether it's a breaking fix, and whether the buggy feature was used.
Breaking commits, when they happen, are marked with BREAKING in the commit backlog. They are discussed on Discord to assess the impact. Make yourself known!
- Will you add feature X?
Dplug is a part-time operation, from people who spend time working on and releasing commercial plug-ins.
Dplug is there to support existing products and building commercial companies around them, not to be beta software and make empty promises. Being stable and bug-free is much more important to us than implement every possible feature.
Politically, it's very often than enhancements get postponed in favour of product development, so please be patient!
We're looking for ways to improve governance as more contributors have appeared with contrasted agendas.
- Where do I start?
Be sure to read the Wiki in depth.
Strengths of Dplug
- As lightweight as possible
- Public bugtracker
- Well-defined scope: for professional plug-in developers
- Maintained continuously, supported by sales for the foreseeable future
- Price is free, no personal support must be expected though
- Intel intrinsics compatible with Apple Silicon
- Fast 2D software rasterizer in
- PBR-style rendering lets you have a good visual quality with less disk space. If you don't use it, you don't pay for it.
- No dealing with resource compilers: D can
- Easy to install and update
- Constant push to fight complexity
If you don't have the VST SDK, you can't make plugins with Dplug. Find the VST SDK there: http://www.steinberg.net/en/company/developers.html
If you don't have a licensing agreement with Steinberg, you can't distribute VST2 or VST3 plug-ins.
Dplug has many different licenses depending on the sub-package you need. Please check individual source files for license information. Please do your homework and respect the individual licences when releasing a plug-in.
- Registered by ponce
- 10.0.0 released 3 years ago
- Sub packages:
- dplug:core, dplug:dsp, dplug:client, dplug:graphics, dplug:canvas, dplug:host, dplug:lv2, dplug:vst, dplug:vst3, dplug:au, dplug:window, dplug:gui, dplug:pbr-widgets, dplug:flat-widgets, dplug:cocoa, dplug:carbon, dplug:x11
- dplug:canvas, dplug:au, dplug:flat-widgets, dplug:window, dplug:dsp, dplug:pbr-widgets, dplug:vst, dplug:core, dplug:lv2, dplug:carbon, dplug:vst3, dplug:x11, dplug:host, dplug:client, dplug:gui, dplug:graphics, dplug:cocoa
13.4.6 2023-Jan-30 13.4.5 2023-Jan-17 13.4.4 2023-Jan-16 13.4.3 2023-Jan-16 13.4.2 2023-Jan-14
- Download Stats:
25 downloads today
177 downloads this week
958 downloads this month
17815 downloads total
- Short URL: