A library for crafting native audio plugins as simply as possible.
To use this package, run the following command in your project's root directory:
Put the following dependency into your project's dependences section:
<img alt="logo" src="https://cdn.rawgit.com/AuburnSounds/dplug/master/tools/dplug-logos/logo-coloured-on-transparent.png" width="130">
<a href="https://code.dlang.org/packages/dplug" title="Go to dplug"><img src="https://img.shields.io/dub/v/dplug.svg" alt="Dub version"></a>
Dplug lets you create audio plug-ins with unmatched simplicity and speed, using the D language.
- Homepage: https://dplug.org/
- Wiki: https://github.com/AuburnSounds/Dplug/wiki
|Format||macOS arm64||macOS amd64||Windows 32-bit||Windows 64-bit||Linux x86-64||Raspberry ARM32|
- Automated Mac and Windows installers
- Raspberry Pi support
- Build plug-ins with less pain using the D language, possibly the most powerful native language available today
- Leverage package-based dependencies using DUB, the D language's package manager
- Small binaries with (optional) rendering
- Static link with the MSCRT runtime libraries to distribute only one single file
- Support major DAWs
- Small, tight-knit community
Community and ecosystem
The following commercial products are known to use Dplug:
- Convergence by Cut Through Recordings
- Couture by Auburn Sounds
- Entropy by Cut Through Recordings
- Graillon by Auburn Sounds
- M4 Multiband Compressor by Cut Through Recordings
- Panagement by Auburn Sounds
- Renegate by Auburn Sounds
Increase quality and reduce time-to-market with commercial audio DSP in the DSP Asset Store.
Keep up with major changes here: Release Notes
Dplug has a deep commitment to stability. All breaking changes are documented in the Changelog and issues major SemVer tags for breaking changes. If you don't want any breaking changes, you can pin Dplug to a major version in your
dub.json. Breaking changes only happen for major tags.
Dplug's goal is to support existing products and building commercial companies around them. It is a part-time operation, from people who release commercial plug-ins.
Being stable and relatively bug-free is deemed more important to us than implement every possible feature. It's often than enhancements get postponed in favour of product development, so please be patient!
We're looking for ways to improve governance as more contributors have appeared with contrasted agendas.
- Where do I start?
Be sure to read the Wiki in depth.
Strengths of Dplug
- As lightweight as possible
- Public bugtracker
- Well-defined scope: for professional plug-in developers
- Maintained continuously, supported by sales for the foreseeable future
- Price is free, no personal support must be expected though
- Intel intrinsics compatible with Apple Silicon
- Fast 2D software rasterizer in
- PBR-style rendering lets you have a good visual quality with less disk space. If you don't use it, you don't pay for it.
- No dealing with resource compilers: D can
- Easy to install and update
- Constant push to fight complexity
If you don't have the VST SDK, you can't make VST plugins with Dplug. Find the VST SDK there: http://www.steinberg.net/en/company/developers.html
If you don't have a licensing agreement with Steinberg, you can't distribute VST2 or VST3 plug-ins.
Dplug has many different licenses depending on the sub-package you need. Please check individual source files for license information. Please do your homework and respect the individual licences when releasing a plug-in.
- Registered by ponce
- 10.2.0 released 2 months ago
- Sub packages:
- dplug:core, dplug:dsp, dplug:client, dplug:graphics, dplug:canvas, dplug:host, dplug:lv2, dplug:vst, dplug:vst3, dplug:au, dplug:window, dplug:gui, dplug:pbr-widgets, dplug:flat-widgets, dplug:cocoa, dplug:carbon, dplug:x11
- dplug:canvas, dplug:au, dplug:flat-widgets, dplug:window, dplug:dsp, dplug:pbr-widgets, dplug:vst, dplug:core, dplug:lv2, dplug:carbon, dplug:vst3, dplug:x11, dplug:host, dplug:client, dplug:gui, dplug:graphics, dplug:cocoa
10.2.1 2021-Feb-14 10.2.0 2021-Jan-23 10.1.0 2021-Jan-12 10.0.8 2020-Dec-22 10.0.7 2020-Dec-22
- Download Stats:
13 downloads today
78 downloads this week
162 downloads this month
6444 downloads total
- Short URL: