A library for crafting native audio plugins as simply as possible.
To use this package, run the following command in your project's root directory:
Put the following dependency into your project's dependences section:
This package provides sub packages which can be used individually:
dplug:dplug-build - Build tool for plug-ins. DUB frontend which makes multiple versions of a plugin, and also package them in OSX bundles
dplug:abtest - Allows to make blind A/B comparisons.
dplug:process - Very barebones VST host to test speed of processing on a stereo file.
dplug:wav-compare - Compares two sounds.
<img alt="logo" src="https://cdn.rawgit.com/AuburnSounds/dplug/master/tools/dplug-logos/logo-coloured-on-transparent.png" width="130">
<a href="https://code.dlang.org/packages/dplug" title="Go to dplug"><img src="https://img.shields.io/dub/v/dplug.svg" alt="Dub version"></a>
Dplug lets you create professional audio plug-ins with minimal headaches and cost.
|Format||macOS arm64||macOS amd64||Windows 32-bit||Windows 64-bit||Linux x86-64|
⚙️ Automated Mac and Windows installers, signing, notarization.
⚙️ Build plug-ins with Dlang, a powerful, easy and fast native language with serious build times improvements over C++.
⚙️ Package-based dependency management with DUB. Build any Dplug tool with the
$ dub command.
⚙️ With PBR rendering, you can have video-game like skeuomorphism with a small distribution size.
⚙️ DAW support list here.
⚙️ Ask your question on the Discord!
⚙️ Join the secretive Dplug Wasteland club for exclusive audio knowledge!
⚙️ Free of charge!
Made with Dplug
- Convergence by Cut Through Recordings
- Couture by Auburn Sounds
- Entropy by Cut Through Recordings
- EpicPRESS by Cut Through Recordings
- Faradelay by Cut Through Recordings
- Graillon by Auburn Sounds
- Inner Pitch by Auburn Sounds
- Lens by Auburn Sounds
- M4 Multiband Compressor by Cut Through Recordings
- Nu:Cat by Kitsunebi Games
- OneTrick Simian by Punk Labs
- Panagement by Auburn Sounds
- Renegate by Auburn Sounds
- Tarabia MK II by SMAOLAB
- Yamatube Pro by SMAOLAB
Come talk with us on the Dplug Discord to learn more and meet your peers!
Keep up with major changes with the Dplug Release Notes.
**Key concept:** Dplug uses SemVer. If you stay on the same Dplug major version tag (eg: `"~>13.0"`), your plug-in wont't break, and more importantly your **user sessions** won't break either.
Dplug has a deep commitment to stability. All breaking changes are documented in the Changelog and issues major SemVer tags for breaking changes. If you don't want any breaking changes, you can pin Dplug to a major version in your
dub.json. Breaking changes only happen for major tags.
Dplug's goal is to support existing products and build commercial companies around them. It is a part-time operation, from people who release commercial plug-ins for a living.
Being stable and relatively bug-free is deemed more important to us than implement every possible feature. It's often than enhancements get postponed in favour of product development, so please be patient!
Strengths of Dplug
- No interaction needed with
- Lovable D language, suitable from prototyping to production.
- Same features for
- Same features for desktop OS: Windows / macOS / Linux.
- Faust language integration.
- Easy SIMD compatible with both
arm64with same codebase.
- Fast 2D software rasterizer in
dplug:canvas, no OpenGL headaches.
Wrenscripting for faster UI authoring.
- Optional Physically Based Rendering (PBR).
- Image support:
QOI, and specially designed
- Easy to install and update.
- State-of-the-Art tutorials.
If you don't have the VST3 SDK, you can't make VST3 plugins with Dplug. Find the VST3 SDK there: http://www.steinberg.net/en/company/developers.html
If you don't have a licensing agreement with Steinberg, you can't distribute VST2 or VST3 plug-ins.
Dplug has many different licenses depending on the sub-package you need. Please check individual source files for license information. Please do your homework and respect the individual licences when releasing a plug-in.
- Registered by ponce
- 14.0.1 released 29 days ago
- Sub packages:
- dplug:au, dplug:audio, dplug:canvas, dplug:client, dplug:core, dplug:dsp, dplug:fft, dplug:flat-widgets, dplug:graphics, dplug:gui, dplug:host, dplug:iir, dplug:lv2, dplug:macos, dplug:math, dplug:pbr-widgets, dplug:vst2, dplug:vst3, dplug:wren-support, dplug:window, dplug:x11, dplug:dplug-build, dplug:bench, dplug:abtest, dplug:process, dplug:wav-compare
- dplug:canvas, dplug:macos, dplug:au, dplug:flat-widgets, dplug:window, dplug:dsp, dplug:pbr-widgets, dplug:audio, dplug:core, dplug:lv2, dplug:fft, dplug:vst3, dplug:host, dplug:vst2, dplug:wren-support, dplug:client, dplug:x11, dplug:gui, dplug:graphics, dplug:iir
14.1.6 2023-Dec-01 14.1.5 2023-Dec-01 14.1.4 2023-Nov-27 14.1.3 2023-Nov-26 14.1.2 2023-Nov-25
- Download Stats:
4 downloads today
15 downloads this week
47 downloads this month
21041 downloads total
- Short URL: