Documentation generator for D.
To use this package, run the following command in your project's root directory:
Put the following dependency into your project's dependences section:
This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
You can use `make` to build the application or `dub` directly (the project's Makefile uses `dub` for assembly).
At this point you should have a binary called `hgen` in the `build/` directory.
- Modify your
PATHto point to the `build/` directory or copy the binary into your project. Also, you can run
make install(for Linux only).
- From your project's directory, run `hgen`. This assumes your source
code is in the `./source` subdirectory:
This will write generate documentation to the `./doc` directory.
- Supports DDoc and (most, see differences) Markdown syntax.
- Sensible defaults (get decent documentation without tweaking any settings).
- Automatic cross-referencing in code blocks and inline code.
- Very fast.
- Generates one file per module/class/struct/enum, etc. By default, as opposed
to one file per module (old Phobos documentation) or one file per symbol
- Only generates HTML, and is unlikely to support any other formats.
- All command-line options can be set in the config file `hgen.cfg`.
Differences from vanilla Markdown
--- will not generate a horizontal line, as it is used for DDoc blocks. Use
- - - instead. This is still standard Markdown.
Emphasis can be denoted by
*, but not by
_ (this would break
Also this does not work (again because DDoc uses
--- to mark code blocks):
Instead, use either (standard Markdown):
Harbored-mod is a fork of harbored written by Brian Schott and Ferdinand Majerech aka Kiith-Sa.
The current developer and maintainer of hgen is Eugene 'Vindex' Stulin firstname.lastname@example.org.
This program is distributed under the Boost Software License.
- Registered by Eugene 'Vindex' Stulin
- 0.5.2 released a year ago