Deimos bindings for the nanomsg library
To use this package, run the following command in your project's root directory:
nanomsg D interface
nanomsg is a socket library that provides several common communication patterns. It aims to make the networking layer fast, scalable, and easy to use. Implemented in C, it works on a wide range of operating systems with no further dependencies.
The communication patterns, also called "scalability protocols", are basic blocks for building distributed systems. By combining them you can create a vast array of distributed applications. The following scalability protocols are currently available:
- PAIR - simple one-to-one communication
- BUS - simple many-to-many communication
- REQREP - allows to build clusters of stateless services to process user requests
- PUBSUB - distributes messages to large sets of interested subscribers
- PIPELINE - aggregates messages from multiple sources and load balances them among many destinations
- SURVEY - allows to query state of multiple applications in a single go
Scalability protocols are layered on top of the transport layer in the network stack. At the moment, the nanomsg library supports the following transports mechanisms:
- INPROC - transport within a process (between threads, modules etc.)
- IPC - transport between processes on a single machine
- TCP - network transport via TCP
The library exposes a BSD-socket-like C API to the applications.
It is licensed under MIT/X11 license.
"nanomsg" is a trademark of Martin Sustrik
- Registered by Ilya Yaroshenko
- 0.1.1 released 3 years ago