3D game engine for D
To use this package, run the following command in your project's root directory:
Put the following dependency into your project's dependences section:
<img align="left" alt="dagon logo" src="https://github.com/gecko0307/dagon/raw/master/logo/dagon-logo-320.png" width="100" style="vertical-align:top" />
The goal of this project is to create a modern, easy to use, extensible 3D game engine for D language. Dagon is based on OpenGL 4.0 core profile. It works on Windows and Linux.
The engine is still under development and lacks many important features. It is currently not recommended to use Dagon in production due to API instability. Follow the development on Trello to see the priority tasks.
Dagon uses modern graphics techniques and so requires a fairly powerful graphics card to run. Turing-based NVIDIA cards are recommended (although ray tracing support is not required). The engine is only desktop, support for mobile and web platforms is not planned.
- Static and animated meshes, glTF, OBJ and IQM formats support
- Textures in PNG, JPG, DDS, HDR, TGA, BMP, GIF, PSD formats
- Deferred pipeline for opaque materials, forward pipeline for transparent materials and materials with custom shaders
- Physically based rendering (PBR)
- HDR rendering with Reinhard, Hable/Uncharted, Unreal, ACES and Filmic tonemapping operators
- HDRI environment maps. Preconvolved DDS cubemaps
- Directional lights with cascaded shadow mapping and volumetric scattering
- Spherical and tube area lights, spot lights
- Normal/parallax mapping, parallax occlusion mapping
- Deferred decals with normal mapping and PBR material properties
- Dynamic skydome with sun and day/night cycle
- Particle system with force fields. Blended particles, soft particles, shaded particles with normal map support, particle shadows
- Terrain rendering. Procedural terrain using OpenSimplex noise or any custom height field
- Water rendering
- Post-processing (FXAA, SSAO, DoF, lens distortion, motion blur, glow, color grading)
- UTF-8 text rendering using TTF fonts via Freetype
- GUI and 2D graphics extension based on Nuklear. 2D canvas framework that renders vector shapes
- GUI extension based on Dear ImGui
- Keyboard, mouse and joystick input. Input manager with abstract bindings and file-based configuration
- Unicode text input
- Ownership memory model
- Entity-component model
- Built-in camera logics for easy navigation: freeview and first person views
- Box container support for assets
- Physics using Newton Dynamics.
Planned in future:
- Screen-space reflections.
The recommended way to start using Dagon is creating a game template with
dub init. Create an empty directory for the project, cd to it and run the following:
dub init --type=dagon dub build
Runtime dependencies are automatically deployed on Windows. On other platforms, you will have to install them manually.
Nuklear should be compiled as a dynamic library:
- Install CMake
- Go to
- Under Linux, run
sudo make install.
libnuklear.sowill be installed to
- Under Windows, open
nuklear.vcxprojin Visual Studio and build
ALL_BUILDproject. Look for
Copyright (c) 2016-2022 Timur Gafarov, Rafał Ziemniewski, Mateusz Muszyński, dayllenger, Konstantin Menshikov, Björn Roberg, Isaac S., ijet. Distributed under the Boost Software License, Version 1.0 (see accompanying file COPYING or at http://www.boost.org/LICENSE10.txt).
Jan Jurzitza (WebFreak), Daniel Laburthe, Rafał Ziemniewski, Kumar Sookram, Aleksandr Kovalev, Robert Georges, Rais Safiullin (SARFEX), Benas Cernevicius, Koichi Takio, Konstantin Menshikov.
Made with Dagon
- Registered by Timur Gafarov
- ~master released 4 days ago
- Sub packages:
- dagon:stbi, dagon:ftfont, dagon:nuklear, dagon:imgui, dagon:newton, dagon:iqm, dagon:init-exec
0.14.1 2022-Aug-30 0.14.0 2022-Aug-27 0.13.0 2022-Mar-02 0.12.1 2021-Oct-28 0.12.0 2021-Oct-10
- Download Stats:
0 downloads today
2 downloads this week
18 downloads this month
1783 downloads total
- Short URL: