Shared MIME-info Database specification implementation
To use this package, put the following dependency into your project's dependencies section:
Shared MIME-info database specification implementation in D programming language. Shared MIME-info database helps to determine media type of file by its name or contents.
- Reading and using mime.cache files to match file names against glob patterns, match file contents against magic rules, resolve aliases and find mime type parents.
- Reading various shared MIME-info database files in mime/ subfolder, e.g. globs2, magic and others.
- treemagic support.
- Reading MIME types from mime/packages sources and mime/MEDIA folders.
- Determining MIME type by XMLnamespace if document is xml.
Run to detect mime types of files.
dub examples/database.d detect README.md source .gitignore lib/libmime.a /bin/sh /var/run/acpid.socket dub.json /dev/sda
Automated mime path detection works only on Freedesktop platforms. On other systmes or for testing purposes it's possible to use mimepath option to set alternate path to mime/ subfolder. E.g. on Windows with KDE installed it would be:
dub examples/database.d --mimepath=C:\ProgramData\KDE\share\mime detect README.md source .gitignore lib/mime.lib C:/Windows/System32/notepad.exe dub.json
Run to print info about MIME types:
dub examples/database.d info application/pdf application/x-executable image/png text/plain text/html text/xml
Run to resolve aliases:
dub examples/database.d resolve application/wwf application/x-pdf application/pgp text/rtf text/xml
Run to test if this library is capable of parsing your local shared MIME-info database:
Run to see names of parsed files:
dub examples/test.d --verbose
As with mimedatabase example you may specify paths to mime folder(s) via command line:
dub examples/test.d --mimepath=C:\ProgramData\KDE\share\mime
- Registered by Roman Chistokhodov
- 0.5.1 released 7 months ago
- Copyright © 2015-2016, Roman Chistokhodov